Thursday, January 29, 2015

Highlights from the Ohio Auctioneer Association's Conference

I was very pleased to be asked back as the official photographer for the annual Ohio Auctioneer Association's Conference January 16-18 at the beautiful Marriott Northwest in Dublin, OH. Highlights from the weekend included the Ohio Auctioneers Championship which resulted in Peter Gehres of Columbus, OH being crowned as the 2015 Ohio Auctioneers Champion in the senior division and Wayne Yoder of Mt. Morris, PA being crowned the Junior Champion. One of my favorite parts of this weekend is always the induction of an auctioneer into the Ohio Auctioneer’s Hall of Fame. This year it was Kevin Wendt of Plain City, OH. The induction is always filled with emotion, happiness, surprise and usually a few tears. A cute children's auction, seminars, marketing awards, the distribution of scholarships, vendors booths, election of officials to the board and much more goes on at the conference. 

I offered head shots this year to anyone that needed an updated photograph which gave me a chance to talk with some auctioneers that I might not have met otherwise. Overall, everyone is friendly and very enthusiastic about the business. Since I also own an auction house with my husband, Adrian, it is very exciting to take part in this weekend. I got a chance to see some old friends, make some new ones and capture lots of fun events. See you next year! 













































No comments:

Post a Comment